How to Clean Headlights That Have Lost Their Luster
Are your headlights becoming dull or yellowed? Not illuminating as much as they were before? Visibility when driving is extremely important, and properly working headlights can be the difference that saves you from a collision.
Here are some simple steps to follow, regarding how to clean headlights:
- Before you get in there with harsh chemicals or anything strong, remove as much muck and grime as you can with simple glass cleaner.
- If you plan to sand your headlights or use anything that could damage your vehicle’s paint, be sure to cover the paint with tape ahead of time.
- Consider rubbing away the build-up on your headlights with sandpaper or a similar surface, which will no doubt make a serious difference.
- Another DIY tip is to try cleaning your headlights with toothpaste containing baking soda.
- Look into a quality polishing component and/or a UV sealant, to help protect your headlights once they’ve been cleaned.
For more tips and for your regular service needs, visit us anytime at Mountaineer Mitsubishi.by