Last year, Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. reported peak annual sales performance in over a decade. This year, it’s already starting off strong with 2020 sales. According to a recent press release, MMNA achieved the best January sales figures since 2004. January 2020 sales also surpassed last January’s results by 22 percent — 10,626 vs. 8,708 vehicles.
Factors that influenced growth
A few factors in particular contributed to the Mitsubishi sales surge at the start of this year. For one thing, MMNA added 36 new dealerships to its network last year. Another reason is the growing consumer demand for two of the brand’s models — the Outlander and Eclipse Cross. Per the press release, Outlander sales for January 2020 were 66 percent higher than January 2019. The brand also sold 35 percent more Eclipse Cross models than January of last year.
Two popular models
It’s not surprising that the Outlander and Eclipse Cross played such an integral role in boosting the automaker’s recent sales. Here are just some of these two models’ appealing qualities.
- It received the Kelley Blue Book 5-Year Cost to Own Award for 2020
- The model now comes standard with drier-assist features such as Forward Collision Mitigation, Automatic High Beams, and Lane Departure Warning
- It boasts a new Mitsubishi Power Sound System to elevate your playlists
- Super All Wheel Control pairs with Active Yaw Control for enhanced balance and traction
2020 Eclipse Cross
- It earned a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- The SE trim now offers a new package with roof rails and a panoramic sunroof
- The SEL and SE trims now come with Forward Collision Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning, and Automatic High Beams
- This model year introduces new 2WD trims with Active Yaw Control when you go with the SE, LE, or SEL version
Celebrate the brand’s successful sales when you stop by Mountaineer Mitsubishi to test-drive one of the Outlander or Eclipse Cross models we have in stock.by