Spring is perhaps the most exciting and promising time of the year here at Mountaineer Mitsubishi–and, it’s also pretty fascinating! For example, did you know these fun facts about spring?
- The first flowers to bloom this spring are likely to be lilacs, daffodils, dandelions, lilies, and tulips.
- The first day of spring is called the “vernal equinox,” with “vernal” being Latin for “spring,” and “equinox” similarly translating to “equal night.”
- From the view of the equator on the first day of spring, the sun will pass directly overhead. This is only true on the first day of spring and of fall.
- While to most people spring starts on March 20th or 21st, meteorologists’ first day of spring is March 1st, marking the first month of the year that temperatures rise by about 10 degrees.
- In Greek mythology, the beginning of spring corresponds to the return of Persephone, the daughter of Demeter – who is the goddess of fertility.
- Honeybees are most likely to form new colonies during the spring months.
- Lastly, spring and summer are the most popular times of the year for weddings – so get your formal attire in order!
For more talk of spring, or to start your spring season out behind the wheel of a brand new vehicle, contact us or visit us anytime, here at Mountaineer Mitsubishi near Charleston, WV!by