How to Prepare Your Car for Winter While It’s Still Warm Outside
Is your car ready for the cold weather this year?
It may seem like summer has only just ended, but cold, potentially hazardous weather will be upon us soon, creating dangerous driving conditions. Luckily, there are simple steps you can take to make sure that your car is ready:
- Make sure that your current tires are in excellent condition, and consider replacing them with snow tires, if appropriate.
- Replace any emergency supplies in your car that were used, and add both a blanket and some warm weather gear to your trunk.
- Check to make sure that you have enough antifreeze, and test that your heater is working ahead of time, before it gets too cold.
- Consider getting some windshield wiper fluid that is designed for winter weather, or at least make sure you have enough regular fluid.
- Grab a quality ice scraper, some thick gloves, and small shovel and put them in you car, so you will be ready the very first time snow strikes.
- Lastly, make sure your oil is at the right level and clean, and perhaps even switch to winter-grade engine oil.
For more information on how to prepare your car for winter, or to start the season behind the wheel of something totally new, contact us or visit us anytime at Mountaineer Mitsubishi.by